You know your conure is a blessing in your life, and you want to do what you can to help them feel safe, loved, and comfortable. After all, that’s why you decided to get a conure in the first place: to have a sweet little friend who would love you back unconditionally.
Conure parrots are very social, curious creatures. They love to play around, and they especially love to play with their toys. If you want your parrot to be happy, you need to provide him with the right environment, which includes a variety of toys and parrot cage accessories.
Cage accessories are a great way to enrich the lives of your conures, and they can help keep your birds safe while they spend time inside of their cage. There are many different types of parrot cage accessories available that serve a variety of purposes, so let’s take a closer look at some of the options.
Options and types of Conure Parrot Cage Accessories
Parrots enjoy having a variety of toys in their cages as well as outside of their cages. You can buy parrot toys at your local pet store or make your own using items such as wooden dowels, cardboard boxes and toilet paper rolls. Just make sure that any toy you give your bird is safe for it to chew on and cannot be easily torn apart or swallowed.
When choosing a perch for your parrot, look for one that’s comfortable for him to sit on but not so soft that he sinks into it. Also, pay attention to the size of the perch so it doesn’t cause discomfort by being too small or too large. The perch should also have some traction so he can grip it easily with his feet – this is especially important if he’s climbing onto something higher up like a chair
Many pet owners also prefer to buy food puzzles for their birds; these encourage problem-solving skills while providing enrichment during
Another popular option is a bird swing. Swings are wonderful because they allow your bird to relax and hang out while they stretch their wings and feet. They also provide exercise for your birds since many swings require them to work in order to stay balanced on the swing.
Covers & Blinds:
You want the best for your little buddy, but sometimes it seems like they’re just not getting all of the comforts they need. Maybe they get freaked out when the wind blows too hard, or maybe they’re sensitive to the chilly air that comes in through the window.
Conure cage covers and blinds are designed to help the birds feel safe and secure—even when a storm is blowing outside. They’ll be able to sleep tight through any storm with these snuggly coverings.
Sentry/Disinfectants & Atmosphere: (One of the Must-have Conure Parrot Cage Accessories)
Conures are lovely birds but still pets unknown how they can keep their atmosphere temperature up to the mark and clean their home. They need a warm place to live in, while the cleanest cage. Conure lifespan also depends on how much their space of living is germs-free. Hundreds of cage accessories have been invented to deal with these critical and life-saving issues of parrots.
Let’s take a look at 10 popular cage accessories. This is just my personal point of view, you are free to have these or any others you want.
Note: Keep in mind while purchasing an excellent conure cage and accessories. It should have a longer service life, feasible size, free accessories, easy cleaning, and a friendly design.
10 Best Conure Parrot Cage Accessories and Cages
Here is the list of 10 Best Conure Parrot Cage Accessories and Cages.
1. Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Good Night Bird, Cage Cover, Large, Black
- This conure cage accessory is made of nylon and black fabric color with Prevue logo and it is machine washable.
- This accessory fits cages up to 31″L × 21″W × 41″ to 37″L × 25″W × 48″H.
- This cage cover lowers distractions and helps your bird sleep better.
- Made up of 100% non-toxic, breathable materials.
2. Lixit Quick Lock Bird Cage Bath for Lovebirds, Conures, Canaries, Finches, Parakeets, Cockatiels, and Other Small to Medium Feathered Friends
- Lixit brand has excellent cage accessories for conures made up of cotton and has a blue color.
- Its dimensions are equal to each other L×W×H.
- This clear, sturdy plastic bird bath allows your feathered friends to bathe whenever they choose.
- It is the ideal size for small to medium birds such as lovebirds, parakeets, finches, cockatiels, and canaries.
- Twist and lock construction ensures protected positioning.
- It is simple to construct and installs in seconds, making washing a breeze.
- Fits most cages, or change it up and install it external for some fresh air.
3. K&H Pet Products Snuggle-Up Bird Warmer 12V for Exotic Pet Birds
- Present in medium to large size (4″×7″) and small to medium (4″×7″).
- Exotic birds should be shielded from the detrimental effects of air conditioning and cold draughts.
- Thermostatically controlled to an appropriate body temperature for birds to curl up to. Heats the bird warmer with harmless 12-volt, low voltage electricity and is simple to clean.
- A constant source of warmth that is safe and consistent helps to stabilize the bird’s habitat and contributes to excellent health.
- K&H designed it with OVER 20 years of experience in making creative, safe, and high-quality products, and it comes with a one-year warranty.
4. VITAKRAFT 512071 7-Pack Super-Absorbent Cage Liners for Birds, 20″ X 18″
- A 20 inches VITAKRAFT 512071 7-Pack Super-Absorbent Cage Liners for Birds, 20″ X 18″ has white color.
- It absorbs moisture and aids in the reduction of smells.
- Use under a cage grate to clean up quickly and easily.
- It will not become unpleasant and mushy like a newspaper.
- It’s simple to clean: just fold it up and toss it.
5. DingDang 6PCS 7-Inch Bird Mirror with Hanging Bell Bird Perch Shoe Toy for Swing Parrot Cage Accessory for Parakeet Cockatoo Cockatiel Conure Lovebirds Finch the Canaries
- DingDang has an amazing conure cage accessory containing materials like wood, metal, cotton, and acrylic.
- Best for small parrots, finches, cockatiels, and parakeets.
- This mirror is constructed of acrylic and a cotton rope is lightweight, and will not harm the parrot. Please remove the protective coating from the mirror surface before installing.
- The surface is coated with natural quartz sand and is made of natural wood. The matt surface can aid the bird’s claw grinding.
- The bird’s perch is made by a metal screw on the top, which easily attaches to any cage.
- It is appropriate for African greys, cockatoos, conures amazons, parakeets, cockatiels, budgies, canaries, love birds, and other parrots of comparable size. This parrot mirror is intended for small to medium-sized parrots.
- The parrot can see his or her reflection in the mirror, which he finds amusing. Create a fun bird playground with a beautiful mirror that invites them to interact with their reflections.
6. JW Pet Company Insight Bird Bath Bird Accessory
- Company made it with blend material with equal dimensions of 6.6″D× 6.5″W× 6.5″H.
- JW Pet Company Insight Bird Bath Bird Accessory is both healthy and entertaining. Convenient and simple to set up.
- Fits small and medium-sized cages.
- Not for use with cages with circular or curved walls.
- Suitable for parakeets and other small birds of a similar size.
7. F10 Disinfectant Ready-to-Use & Refill – 1L
- Pre-diluted and ready to use at a dilution of 1:250. The F10 solution kills bacteria, fungi, spores, and viruses. It is suitable for use on hard surfaces, equipment, and air spaces.
- Nontoxic Ampholytic Surtactants and Sequesterants containing Quaternary Ammonium and Biguanidine Compounds (0.02 percent).
- Bacteria, fungus, spores, and viruses are all resistant to it.
- Free of aldehydes and iodine, non-irritating, non-corrosive, and biodegradable.
- Only use as directed.
- Hard surface and equipment disinfectant:
- Rinse well with water.
- Apply F10 disinfection in the form of a wash or a spray and allow to air dry.
- Air-space decontamination
- Spray F10 ready-to-use disinfectant over the affected area and allow it to dry.
8. Living World Water & Seed Cup for Parrots & Birds – 3 Sizes
- These bird feeding dishes have been meticulously developed to accommodate the feeding and drinking needs of pet birds.
- They can be used as primary food and water sources, or as extra cups to feed treats and vitamins.
- The Living World Seed Cup features an easy-access perch and wire cage attachments.
- Nota bene: Available in a range of colors. The colors you receive may differ from those seen in the photograph.
9. Tabletop Parrot Stand with Toy Hanger & Feeder
- This convenient-sized Tabletop Parrot Playstand provides a safe place for your bird to feed, play, and perch.
- Ideal when the room is limited and a large play stand is not possible.
- On one side, your Parrot can ascend the stages to the key perch, where they may admittance the two metal feeding bowls for an energizing drink or a piece to eat. Fill one of the basins with foot toys and other stuff for your conure to play with.
- A durable color-coordinated metal toy hanger is included for more fun. You may now attach one of your Parrot’s favorite toys or resources for them to gnaw on.
- The tray at the bottom aids to bound any mess as your Parrot spends time eating, drinking, climbing, and playing. The tray is readily detachable and may be washed down and exchanged for the next occasion.
- Please keep in mind that the toy is not included.
- One of the best conure parrot cage accessories, which can enhance IQ of your conure.
10. Manzanita Flat Parrot Perch – Large
- Manzanita is a tropical hardwood with a pleasant flavor. It is extremely tough and will withstand most bird chewing efforts indefinitely.
- The flat perch improves your bird’s feet by exercising them and preventing sores.
- Although Manzanita, like any wood, might split when drying, this is not a flaw, but rather an indication of the durability; your Parrot will not bother.
- However, make sure your bird has lots of other things to chew on.
- One end has a bolt.
I tried to sum up what types of accessories are available out there and some of the best conure parrot cage accessories. If you have any questions or comments concerning the cage accessories, you can ask or even can provide your valuable suggestions. I shall be happier to discuss. Did you find this piece of content informative? If so, share with at least 2 friends who own conures. Take care.